Sausage Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium heat stir in pork sausage. Cook for 5 minutes until meat is separated and browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients together with sausage.
- Cover with lid. Cook for additional 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender and sausage is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised: Swiss chard, kale or spinach. GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 473 Calories; 41g Fat (76.4% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 673mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 7 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!