Saucy Pork Stir-Fry
- 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into medallions
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 16-oz. package frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork medallions overnight (see recipe).
- Place pork medallions in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. Add teriyaki sauce then seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain pork medallions (discarding marinade and bag). Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add pork medallions and stir-fry until no longer pink, remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add frozen vegetables to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes or until tender-crisp. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chicken broth, cornstarch, sugar, gingerroot and garlic.
- Return pork to the skillet then add broth mixture. Cook for a few minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve hot and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve pork and veggies over chopped baby bok choy. Add sesame bread sticks on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use extra-firm tofu and marinate for only 1 hour. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat, cut into strips. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure teriyaki sauce and chicken broth are gluten free. Use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 260 Calories; 8g Fat; 29g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 1953mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!