Rosemary and Sea Salt Chicken
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (garlic through lemon juice); pour mixture over chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat chicken; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and place in skillet; cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Pour marinade into the skillet then reduce heat to medium-low; whisk for a couple of minutes then simmer for about 5 minutes before serving over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: per serving: 270 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 585mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!