Roasted Rosemary Turkey Breast with Broccoli
1 (6-pound) bone-in turkey breast (with skin on) 2 tablespoons olive oil 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar 4 cups low sodium chicken broth, or use homemade 4 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 1 bone-in turkey breast 6-pound, with skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 4 cups steamed broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place turkey in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine next 8 ingredients (olive oil through vinegar); rub mixture under the skin of the turkey breast then place it in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees at the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove turkey from oven to a cutting board; allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli; serve with sliced turkey.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: Calories: 726, Total Fat 11g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 2132mg, Total Carbohydrates 9g, Dietary Fiber 8g, Protein 12g Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!