Roasted Rosemary Lemon Chicken and Root Vegetables
- 1 large re-sealable bag
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 large sweet potato chopped
- 1 large parsnip chopped
- 1 large celeriac bulb chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large whole chicken
- 1 small lemon quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large re-sealable bag, place next 7 ingredients (carrots through salt and pepper). Seal and shake to coat evenly. Place ingredients evenly into a large baking dish.
- Pour chicken broth on top and then place whole chicken on top of prepared vegetables. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of chicken and place lemon inside of the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees, and holds that temperature for 4 seconds. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, slice chicken and serve alongside roasted vegetables.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes. Steam cauliflower until tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture. NUTRITION: 542 Calories; 35g Fat (55.8% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 182mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!