Pulled Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 15-oz. loaf French baguette
- 6 slices low fat Cheddar cheese
- Cook chicken and onion in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over mediumhigh heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add barbecue sauce, water and sugar; stir. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet; shred with forks or chop into small pieces; return to skillet and stir until evenly coated with sauce.
- Cut baguette crosswise into 6 pieces, then cut each piece in half lengthwise. Fill each sandwich with chicken mixture and cheese slices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Use your favorite soy cheese slices. NUTRITION: Per serving: 346 Calories; 7g Fat; 24g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 861mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!