Portabellas and Spinach in Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 8-oz. package egg noodles
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a lightly-oiled baking dish, toss together half of the olive oil, half of the garlic, the mushrooms and the spinach; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms and spinach reach desired level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, prepare egg noodles. In a blender or food processor, pulse remaining olive oil, remaining garlic, the roasted red peppers, basil, salt, black pepper and vinegar until smooth.
- When mushrooms and spinach are done, transfer them to a large bowl; add prepared egg noodles and the roasted red pepper sauce; toss gently but thoroughly.
- Top with grated Parmesan if desired and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure roasted red peppers, vinegar, and egg noodles are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 222 Calories; 7g Fat; 8g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 390mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!