Pineapple Citrus Coconut Chicken
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves butterflied
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 12 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flaked unsweetened coconut toasted if desired
- 4 1/2 cups baby spinach stems removed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 1 hour (see recipe). Toast coconut, if desired.
- Place chicken in a zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine next 9 ingredients (garlic through black pepper).
- Pour mixture over chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 1 hour. Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Remove chicken from bag and shake off excess marinade (reserving marinade). Grill over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken juices run clear.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Meanwhile, transfer marinade to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by half.
- Top grilled chicken with sauce and toasted coconut then serve over fresh spinach - enjoy!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice topped with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions. Add sliced cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts and adjust cooking and marinating time accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 309 Calories; 10g Fat; 41g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 448mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!