Pepper Soaking Pork
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 medium red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- Place pork tenderloin in a large slow cooker.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor; blend until smooth then pour mixture over the tenderloin. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 374 Calories; 11g Fat; 48g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 156mg Cholesterol; 684mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!