Pan Fish Sauté
- 1 pound halibut or other firm-fleshed white fish, cut into 1-inch cubes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Season fish cubes with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish cubes and sauté until barely cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet. Add vegetables to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until tender-crisp (about 3 minutes). Return fish cubes to the skillet and add the grated gingerroot.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine cornstarch and chicken broth then add to skillet. Cook and stir until mixture has thickened and halibut flakes easily when tested with a fork, another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed asparagus and a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes tossed with butter and chopped parsley. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. Use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 173 Calories; 5g Fat; 25g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!