Orange Basil Flounder with Spinach
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium orange seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 6-oz. flounder fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Melt the butter in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add orange slices, basil and onion and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic and cook until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add broth to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add fish to the skillet then cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve fish topped with sauce!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 283 Calories; 11g Fat; 36g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 105mg Cholesterol; 282mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!