Nutty Smothered Chicken with Wilted Spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Provolone cheese 1-oz.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans optional
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Rub garlic into chicken then season evenly with salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill grate; grill chicken over indirect heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until just tender. Add broth to the pan. Bring mixture to a boil then add spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or just until spinach has wilted.
- Top each chicken breast half with 1 slice of cheese and a portion of the spinach mixture. Top with chopped pecans if desired and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed or grilled asparagus and a salad of mixed baby greens and sliced strawberries tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes KOSHER: Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 331 Calories; 13g Fat; 48g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 118mg Cholesterol; 624mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!