- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cut green beans
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 1 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 15 ounces navy beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until carrot becomes soft and onion is translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining ingredients; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes; serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. Add some focaccia bread. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, beans, and broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 203 Calories; 3g Fat; 15g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 738mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!