Meatballs with Tomato Spinach Sauce
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium egg whisked
- 1 16-oz. bag baby spinach
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients (pork through egg). Form into even sized meatballs.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add spinach and tomatoes on top of the meatballs.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes until spinach is wilted and meatballs are cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta. Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp. NUTRITION: 413 Calories; 26g Fat (55.4% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 135mg Cholesterol; 433mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!