Lemon Turkey Kale Soup
- 4 cups cubed turkey breast
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 small lemons zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- In crock cooker, add all ingredients, stir to combine and cook on LOW for 6 hours, stirring halfway through, until the turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad. NUTRITION: 544 Calories; 26g Fat (41.7% calories from fat); 65g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 920mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!