Lemon Pork with Peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch thick cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss cutlets with olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; place in a baking dish. In a small bowl, combine broth, lemon juice and onion; pour mixture over cutlets then top with bell peppers.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until cutlets are cooked through and bell pepper slices are tender-crisp. Serve with lemon sauce and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 301 Calories; 9g Fat; 41g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 753mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!