Kickin' Blackberry Chicken
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup blackberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breast halves in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients (garlic through blackberries); bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until blackberries break down into a sauce.
- Pour sauce over the chicken; bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve immediately and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 411 Calories; 259 Calories; 2g Fat; 42g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 445mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!