Kale and Ground Beef Bake
- 1 pound lean ground beef browned
- 1 10-oz. bag chopped kale
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for coating pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir all the ingredients except for oil (beef through salt and pepper) together.
- In an oil coated 9x13 inch baking pan, pour in all the ingredients from the bowl and bake for 30 minutes, until meat is cooked through. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes. Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture. NUTRITION: 336 Calories; 24g Fat (64.5% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 88mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!