Just Peachy Pork
We’re in the peak of the peach season now, so let’s take full advantage of how beautifully they enhance the flavor of pork!
- 4 6-oz. pork chops
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 3 peaches ripe, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. With a fork, poke holes in the pork chops then pour cider vinegar over each.
- Season evenly on all sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Grill pork chops for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Prepare peach reduction: Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients (peaches through cinnamon), stirring regularly.
- Bring mixture to a slow boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over pork chops and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 430 Calories; 24g Fat; 32g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 70mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!