Italian Turkey Skillet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 4 large zucchini sliced
- 1 14-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil. When the oil is hot, add turkey. Stir and cook for 10 minutes until the turkey is browned.
- Add the next 4 ingredients (garlic through zucchini). Stir together with turkey.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes and add the next 6 ingredients (tomato sauce through salt and pepper) and cover with lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove the lid. Sprinkle with cheese and recover with lid.
- Let rest 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper on the side. GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 303 Calories; 12g Fat (31.8% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 913mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!