Italian Crusted Chicken
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for coating pan
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first 5 ingredients (basil through garlic). Set aside.
- Rub each chicken breast with olive oil covering them completely. Toss in mixing bowl to cover with spices.
- In an oil coated 9x13 inch baking dish, add herbed chicken breast to bottom. Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels sprouts. Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut sides down, and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and ghee over medium heat until almost tender. Add a little chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste. NUTRITION: 328 Calories; 10g Fat (28.1% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 154mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!