Italian Beef and Kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 10-oz. bag baby kale
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once olive oil is hot, add ground beef. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until meat is broken apart and browned.
- Remove from heat and stir in the next 8 ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper).
- In a 9x13 inch baking pan, pour in skillet mixture. Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes until kale is soft.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Veggies; broccoli, green beans, asparagus. GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 374 Calories; 29g Fat (69.6% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 185mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!