- 1/4 cup light Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 4-oz. cod fillets or other firm-fleshed fish
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Heat the salad dressing in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine sugar and cumin and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of this mixture over the fish. Place fish in the skillet, sugar side down; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Cook fish for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Add lime and orange juices to skillet; cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and mint; spoon evenly over fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red skinned potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 152 Calories; 2g Fat; 21g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!