Honey Cider Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (honey through black pepper); pour mixture over pork chops, seal the bag, turn to coat pork chops and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove pork chops from marinade (reserving marinade) and add to the skillet; brown for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium and add reserved marinade; whisk for about 2 minutes then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes; serve over pork chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 297 Calories; 14g Fat; 31g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 583mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!