Honey Adobo Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cutlets
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce* from chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle cutlets evenly with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cutlets and sear for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side; transfer to a lightly-oiled baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; brush mixture generously over cutlets then bake for 15 minutes, turning and brushing generously again with the sauce.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cutlets are cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice; add steamed green beans on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as necessary. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chipotle chilies in adobo sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 192 Calories; 6g Fat; 24g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 265mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!