Grilled Veggie Pasta
- 1 pound Rigatoni pasta
- 1 baby Italian eggplant sliced in 1/2-inch thick discs
- 1 medium zucchini sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper quartered, seeded, deribbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Lightly brush all sides of each vegetable with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; place on grill or grill pan, season with salt and pepper and grill for 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces. Add remaining olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes; saute for 1 minute. Stir in pasta and chopped vegetables; toss. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 364 Calories; 8g Fat; 11g Protein; 62g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 67mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!