Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple-Mustard Glaze
- 2 cups fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. swordfish steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lime wedges
- Prepare Pineapple Mustard Glaze: In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, gingerroot, and honey; bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Remove mixture from the heat; whisk in mustard, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush swordfish steaks on both sides with the olive oil; grill for 5 minutes then brush the tops with some of the glazes.
- Turn and brush tops again with glaze. Continue to grill steaks for 10 minutes then brush once more with glaze.
- Remove from grill. Serve glazed swordfish steaks garnished with lime wedges
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad and Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Russet Fries instead of Turnip Fries (same directions, but don’t peel potatoes). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and mustard are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: Calories: 80, Total Fat 4g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 717mg, Total Carbohydrates 16g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 1g Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!