Grilled Parmesan Steak and Broccoli
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound broccoli spears
- olive oil or use unsalted butter
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill steak on one side for 4 minutes then turn and spread a light coating of butter on top of the cooked side.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Continue to grill steak until it reaches desired level of doneness (4 minutes for medium-rare).
- Remove steak from grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Grill the fresh broccoli spears then toss with a little olive oil or butter and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain (diagonally), serve with the grilled broccoli, and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add “baked” russet potatoes (wrap in foil and “bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. Omit the butter and use some of your favorite soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 314 Calories; 15g Fat; 39g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 92mg Cholesterol; 236mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!