Greek Pork Burgers with Coconut Sauteed Greens
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 6-oz. jar roasted red bell peppers drained, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups mixed baby greens wilted
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients for burgers (ground pork through salt and pepper) and mix well to combine. Form into burger patties and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and cook burgers for about 7 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked. Serve warm alongside mixed baby greens, (heated with coconut milk) drizzled with olive oil and fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with sliced avocado, sprinkled with chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of sea salt
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!