Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap beans
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow squash sliced lengthwise then sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare brown rice.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine soy sauce, water and cornstarch to a smooth paste then set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add garlic and half of the gingerroot and sauté for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add all vegetables, except onion, and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture then onion, salt and the remaining gingerroot. Cook until mixture has thickened. Serve over cooked rice and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: If desired, add cooked chicken breast strips. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free and use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 188 Calories; 3g Fat; 5g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 374mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!