Ginger Coconut Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (coconut milk through white pepper); add shrimp and turn to coat.
- Cover and let sit for about 30 minutes. At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder and chopped cilantro to taste); add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 330 Calories; 13g Fat; 47g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 345mg Cholesterol; 808mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!