Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons ginger freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds flank steak cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- Marinate beef strips overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together first 7 ingredients (gingerroot through crushed red pepper flakes).
- Place beef strips in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour marinade over the top, seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally if possible.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and bell pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add contents of bag to the skillet; cook and stir for 10 to 15 minutes or until beef strips are cooked to desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over chopped baby bok choy. Add steamed snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 493 Calories; 31g Fat; 45g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 800mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!