Garlic Chicken and Mushrooms
- Olive oil for coating pan
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped button mushrooms
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an oil coated 9x13 inch baking pan place chicken breast covering the bottom. Add garlic on top of chicken followed by mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper and cheese on top and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees. Cook for an additional 5 minutes with tin foil off, until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 296 Calories; 5g Fat (16.0% calories from fat); 57g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 241mg Sodium. Exchanges: 8 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!