- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ large lemon juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes quartered
- 4 large Roma tomatoes quartered
- 3 cups low sodium fish stock
- 1 cup white wine or white wine vinegar
- 1 pound firm fleshed white fish fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup green and black cured olives pitted
- In a large food processor, combine first 5 ingredients (garlic through smoked paprika) and blend until ingredients become a coarse paste. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper and stir.
- Heat a large pot on medium-high, add 1/4 cup of olive oil and sauté onions and salt and pepper until translucent.
- Toss in 1/2 of the chermoula from food processor, potatoes, and roma tomatoes and cook until golden and flavors are aromatic. Add stock and white wine to pot, and cook until potatoes are almost fork tender.
- Heat a separate pan on medium heat, toss fish in chermoula, and char on each side.
- Add fish to pot of potatoes and tomatoes, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until fish is flaky. Add olives and salt and pepper and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried Garlicky Spinach (Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant then remove from skillet and discard. Add spinach; cook and toss for 2 to 3 minutes or until just wilted; garnish with cheese and serve). VEGETARIAN: Substitute fish for firm tofu or white beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure stock is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 382 Calories; 21g Fat (56.0% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 892mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!