Easy Apple Chicken Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 red apple cored and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup dry white wine divided (or use 2 tablespoons each: apple juice and water)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth divided
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple slices and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add half of the wine (or juice/water) and half of the chicken broth. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine remaining wine (or juice/water) and broth with cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Serve and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed kale and Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with a little olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, till tender. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice), chicken broth, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free. Use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 274 Calories; 6g Fat; 41g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 232mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!