- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). In a cup, combine 1 tablespoon of the curry powder, the salt, black pepper and 1/4 tablespoon of the garlic powder); evenly sprinkle mixture on all sides of chicken breast halves.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add the wine (or broth) to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in coconut milk, remaining curry powder and remaining garlic powder; bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by half. Serve sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 500 Calories; 33g Fat; 42g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 598mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!