Crunchy Roasted Chicken
- 1 cup roasted cashews chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, add first 9 ingredients (nuts through salt and pepper).
- In a large bowl, add chicken and half of the marinade from blender, and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- On a large roasting pan, add chicken and roast for 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with remaining marinade.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed or Steamed vegetables: asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, green beans, squash, and Brussels sprouts. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with firm tofu. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 455 Calories; 18g Fat (36.1% calories from fat); 59g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 363mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!