Crock Pork Jambalaya
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless pork chops cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound turkey kielbasa sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper seeded, deribbed, and sliced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper pork cubes and add to the skillet; brown evenly on all sides.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients; cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed kale and Mexi-Cauli Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; add salsa and salt and pepper to taste; fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Mexi-Cauli Rice. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 361 Calories; 22g Fat; 31g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 105mg Cholesterol; 977mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!