- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cubes and sauté till browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and sauté for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker. Add the water to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker then add the cabbage and toss well with the pork cubes. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, paprika and garlic.
- Pour mixture over the pork and cabbage and stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until pork is fork-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sour cream and caraway seeds. Stir mixture into slow cooker and blend thoroughly. Cook for a few minutes, while you prepare the rest of the meal. Serve and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed carrots, broccoli florets, and cauliflower florets. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve goulash over wide egg noodles. KOSHER: Replace pork with beef tenderloin. Use non-dairy sour cream. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure ketchup and flour are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 315 Calories; 11g Fat; 39g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 251mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!