Crock Cooker Chicken Burritos
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 15 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 6 medium whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- Place first 8 ingredients (garlic through black pepper) in a slow cooker and blend well. Add chicken and broth. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Drain off liquid (there should be about 6 cups of burrito mixture). To serve, spoon filling evenly into each warm tortilla. Top with cheese then fold tortilla over filling. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with an additional 15 ounces of kidney beans. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomatoes, beans, chicken broth and tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 324 Calories; 6g Fat; 26g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 1315mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!