Crispy Chicken Tenders with Kale Stir-fry
- 3/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 2 large beets peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine first 4 ingredients (almond flour/meal through cayenne pepper).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs. Dip each chicken strip first into the egg mixture then into the almond flour/meal mixture, coating completely; transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat until hot. Add onion and beets; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until onion is caramelized and beets are slightly tender.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then add the kale. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until kale has wilted. Serve chicken strips over kale stir-fry.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced vine-ripened tomatoes and cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: Calories: 143, Total Fat 10g, Cholesterol 99mg, Sodium 152mg, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 12g Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!