Creamy Lemon Basil Chicken with Broccoli
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a lightly greased baking dish; top with garlic, basil, lemon zest and onion.
- Nestle broccoli florets around the chicken then pour broth and lemon juice over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Carefully remove foil (watch out for steam!) then remove chicken and broccoli from baking dish and keep warm.
- Transfer broth mixture from the baking dish to a medium saucepan over medium heat. In a cup, combine cornstarch and water. Whisk almond milk into broth mixture, followed by cornstarch/water mixture. Bring sauce to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Serve over chicken and broccoli and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. Add steamed baby carrots. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 264 Calories; 3g Fat; 47g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 407mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!