Cornmeal Crusted Pork with Green Beans
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, combine egg and water. Dip pork first into egg mixture then into cornmeal mixture to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 2 minutes per side or until no longer pink. Transfer to a serving platter. Add beans to the skillet.
- Cook and stir for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss beans with oregano and serve with pork. Enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked Hubbard squash on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes tossed with butter and chopped parsley. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free cornmeal. NUTRITION: per serving: 278 Calories; 9g Fat; 28g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 127mg Cholesterol; 315mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!