Classically Seasoned Roast
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin or use a roast
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except beef.
- Heavily slather the entire surface of the tenderloin (or roast) with the marinade then place it in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour any remaining marinade over the top.
- Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove beef from marinade (discarding marinade and bag); grill, uncovered, for 8 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM then cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until desired level of doneness is achieved.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 681 Calories; 56g Fat; 41g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 161mg Cholesterol; 580mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 7 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!