Chili Mac Skillet
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 cups dry macaroni
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 3/4 cup light Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces low fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 green onions sliced
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until beef is no longer pink and onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Drain off any fat.
- Add next 6 ingredients (macaroni through crushed red pepper flakes). Blend well. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender.
- Uncover and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened. Serve topped with shredded cheese, sliced green onions, and enjoy!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure macaroni, tomato sauce, salsa and salad dressing are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 471 Calories; 10g Fat; 37g Protein; 57g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 1424mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!