Chicken Vegetable Medley
- 8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 6 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- In a large crock cooker on high heat setting place chicken thighs. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook for 6 hours until chicken thighs are fork tender and cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Tossed green salad (with salad veggies and low carb dressing) NUTRITION: 93 Calories; 2g Fat (13.8% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 102mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!