- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 12 flour tortillas warmed
- Optional toppings:
- cheddar cheese shredded
- tomato chopped
- romaine lettuce shredded
- sour cream
- avocado diced
- Place sliced chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add seasonings (chili powder through black pepper), olive oil and half of the garlic; seal bag, shake well to coat and set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and jalapeno; sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken strips; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Add broth to the pan and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Serve mixture in warm tortillas with desired toppings.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob and a relish tray of baby carrots, grape tomatoes, jicama sticks and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken and adjust cook time accordingly. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Skip dairy garnishes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and salsa (if using) are gluten free. Use gluten free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per serving: 666 Calories; 17g Fat; 40g Protein; 87g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 1426mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!