Cauliflower Shrimp Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower trimmed, steamed and chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare cauliflower.
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until onion starts to “sweat” and becomes translucent.
- Place cauliflower in a blender; add garlic/onion mixture and process until smooth, gradually adding the broth and milk until fully combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large saucepan and add seasonings (salt through cayenne pepper); set aside on low heat to simmer.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat; add shrimp and lightly season with salt and pepper; cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque. Add to soup and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter, additional broth instead of milk, and chopped chicken breast meat instead of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 310 Calories; 11g Fat; 34g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 200mg Cholesterol; 879mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!