- 2/3 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch strips
- dash black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/3 tablespoons water
- 3 1/3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup sliced celery
- 3 ounces canned water chestnuts drained
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Sprinkle chicken strips with pepper; set aside. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, water, cornstarch and brown sugar until smooth; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat; stir-fry chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink in the center; remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet or wok; stir-fry gingerroot and garlic over high heat for 30 seconds. Add remaining vegetables and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and pour it over the vegetables. Return chicken to the pan; cook and stir until sauce thickens and coats all ingredients. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: Partially frozen or very cold chicken breast halves are easier to cut.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free soy sauce. NUTRITION: per serving: 247 Calories; 11g Fat; 20g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 988mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!