- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- olive oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings (salt through onion powder).
- Thread shrimp onto skewers; brush with olive oil then evenly sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Grill skewers for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink and opaque (do not overcook!).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised collard greens and Not-So-Dirty Rice (toss cooked brown rice with chopped green onions and Cajun seasoning). VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of shrimp and stir-fry if desired. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 167 Calories; 3g Fat; 31g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 538mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!